These are the perfect decadent and chewy brownies. Whole chocolate chips and chopped pecans add texture to this dessert's dense base. When baked, they attain the perfect balance between a slightly crispy and chewy outer layer with a fudgy interior. These are amazing on their own, but even more so when served with a scoop of vanilla vegan ice cream and a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium heat-safe mixing bowl, add the butter, sugars, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a small saucepan with water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place the bowl on top of a pan to make a double boiler. You want to make sure the bowl does not touch the water too much.
- Allow the butter to melt for 5 or so minutes, stirring the contents until the butter is melted and the texture is very gritty.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla, flour, and banana.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth. You may still have visible banana pieces, and that is okay.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased/oiled 8×8-inch baking pan and set it on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife/toothpick comes out mostly clean in the middle.